What is Invisalign? Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear removable aligners to fix teeth misalignment. The plastic aligners gradually move the teeth, improving signs of spacing, crowding, and other orthodontic problems. Invisalign is very popular for those who are interested in braces alternatives – rather than having metal and wires glued to your teeth for months, you can wear removable plastic aligners instead.
Altogether, Invisalign is pretty straightforward – simply wear the aligners as often as possible, right? Although it is pretty self-explanatory, there are some ways to speed the process along and do what’s best for your teeth. Here are some tips to get the most out of your Invisalign experience:
- Wear the aligners at all times, except when you’re eating. For example, many people give up at some points and only wear them at night. This will just prolong the amount of time you have to keep wearing the aligners, as your teeth will move much more slowly or you could even lose some of the progress you’ve already made.
- Brush, rinse, and floss often in order to keep your teeth clean at all times, and also brush the aligners frequently to keep everything looking and feeling pristine. Toothpaste and mouthwash are best for cleaning the aligners.
- When you get a new set of aligners, it is important to keep the previous set, just in case you lose them, they break, or something else happens. Wearing those will help your teeth stay in place while you get a replacement set of the new aligners.
- Be careful! It is vital to keep the aligner case on hand at all times. The aligners can easily be thrown away, lost, or left behind if you put them in a napkin or any similar loose place. If you always put them in the case before you eat, they will be much harder to lose.
- Make sure you schedule your dentist appointments as often as necessary and keep track of them. If you wait unnecessarily long periods of time between your appointments, you will likely lengthen the amount of time it takes for your teeth to straighten.
While there are many other tips everywhere for Invisalign maintenance, these are the most essential things to keep in mind. Contact us today to get started with Invisalign and use these suggestions to get the most out of your experience!